A gentle class in a safe environment of compassion and acceptance. This specialized class will help you regulate emotions of fear, grief, and anger through breathing and movement.
Trauma Sensitive Yoga is:
- Safe, supportive and non-judgmental
- Learning how to breathe to regulate emotions
- Feeling empowered by choosing what’s right for you and your body
- Releasing past trauma gracefully
- Calming your mind
- Not a religion
- No prior experience necessary
Class Description: Each participant may choose to be on a mat or chair, depending on your comfort-level. The class will begin with breathing exercises and warm-up movements. Once the class is ready, Maria will guide you through a program to stretch, strengthen and balance your body. Students are guided to listen to their body and are given choices to modified any movement. Class will end with a deep relaxation.